This Saturday night, a Sports Auction and Fundraiser is taking place in the Cavern Bar in the memory of Raymond Mullen, beloved father of First Team Manager Darren & Player Neil.
Raymond was an avid supporter of the club for many years and a popular man all over the local area, he would be very proud to be associated with this fundraiser for which all proceeds will be split between the family’s two nominated charities – The Daisy Hill Male Medical Ward – to buy comfortable overnight facilities for families and the Friends of Africa organisation.
Newry City AFC Coach Barry Traynor recently made a trip to Zambia and facilitated a football tournament in Raymond Mullens name to help get children in Zambia off the streets, many of whom are homeless and suffer from health conditions. This tournament gave the children a reason to smile and some happier memories to hold. Any further money raised for this terrific charity will be greatly appreciated and save many lives.
During the evening, many fantastic items will be available on auction, the bidding is currently live:
- A Brazil jersey signed by none other than the legendary Pele himself, currently top bid sitting at: £170.
- A Barcelona top signed by LUIS SUAREZ modelled by Raymies youngest Granddaughter Grace. Bids currently sitting at: £100
- A signed copy of Roy Keane’s ‘The second half’. Current top bid of: £50
- Everton jersey SIGNED by the current squad. Current top bid of: £80
- Sunderland jersey signed by Jermaine Defoe.
- Down GAA jersey signed by Paddy Doherty, Kevin Mussen, Paddy O’Rourke and DJ Kane
- Michaela Foundation jersey signed by Mickey Harte.
There are also many super items to be raffled & music to be provided by Bobby White.
For anyone who can’t make it on Saturday night but would still like to make a donation, you can do so on the event’s Just Giving Page https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/raymiemullen more details about the event can be found on the Raymie Mullen Fundraiser and Sports Auction Facebook page.